Thursday, May 16, 2019

Review: A Touch of Death

A Touch of Death A Touch of Death by Charles Williams
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Lee Scarborough is a former football star who has been failing as a salesman. When he meets a woman by chance he gets embroiled in a scheme to recover $120,000 of stolen money.

Guess how that goes?

This is a tasty slice of pulp fiction that has a unique hook and provides plenty of twists and turns. The book doesn’t end anywhere near where you think it will based on the early chapters, and there’s plenty of paranoia fueling the plot by the end of it. I hadn’t read any of Charles Williams’ work before this, but now I’d like to check out more.


View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Huge fan of your reviews Kemper. You have got me onto many a great books on goodreads. I loved Touch of Death. Thought it was a great page turner. All things considered, I'm surprised that you only gave it a three, but each to their own, eh? I was very impressed by Charles William's prose style as well. Not a word wasted. Reminds me a bit of Bukowski in that sense. Charles William's books are often hard to find and expensive. The only other I've read is The Hot Spot (made into a movie by Dennis Hopper). I quite enjoyed that book too, although it is quite similar to Touch of Death. Cheers again for the great reviews. Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete